Thursday 22 October 2015

Follow your Heart. And enjoy it!

Recently I went on a one-day trip to Genting for a concert. 

I was very excited when Elango invited me for it. Since I didn't know much about the concert, I Googled it!

Turns out, it is a concert about this guy called Kenny G who played the saxophone.

Skeptical because I've never been to an instrumental concert, I decided to listen to his music. His songs was indeed impressive and very calming.


Kenny G, signing autographs, half an hour before his concert.

Elango got us pretty good seats near the stage. And at 9pm, the concert began.

Kenny G played his saxophone walking from the crowd to the stage as they cheered and clapped for him. He sounded truly amazing!

He waved his hand to every section of the audience while he played his instrument on the other hand. He was just like a kid. Smiling while playing. And at times moving his body to his music.


He only spoke after a few songs saying he was very happy to be here with all of us - in the Malay language. I thought that was very sweet of him.

He continued playing more songs and though I didn't really know his songs, I'm pretty sure anyone would fall in love with it, even if you are just listening to it for the first time.

His band was very good entertainers too, taking turns to showcase their talent as well as complementing Kenny G's songs.

Two hours passed just like that. All eyes were consistently on him. Glued to him actually. I went out of the concert hall feeling mesmerized.

Elango was saying about how impressive Kenny G is for getting the full-packed hall immersed in his music without the help of any other performers. I actually thought it wouldn't be possible but it was.

Well, here's something Elango often told the group of us at ET Ideas (http://ET-Ideas.com). That as long as our heart wants to do something (example, a career), we will always be having fun and will enjoy doing it.

Kenny G is 59 years old. Didn't look anything like his age but so much more younger. Played his instrument like its the best toy he has ever received. Like a kid, waltzing with his music, enjoying it.







It was a pleasure to watch his performance. A vibe that felt like follow your heart. Do what you love and enjoy doing it.

After writing this blog post, I got to know that Elango also wrote his experiences from Kenny G's concert and he related it back to his experiences about 'Doing What You Love...' And I thought that would get all of you to understand better about following your heart and enjoying the flow of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment